Thursday, June 08, 2006

On upcoming events

If you read my husbands blog, you may have noticed that I have to go on another business trip for work soon. Thankfully they pushed it back a week. Why am I thankful for that? Well, here's why:

The trip into Chicago was supposed to be the week after next.
For the past month we have been aware this trip was coming.
We were told "no, don't make reservations, we'll do it for you"
no one made reservations for us to stay....
No hotel's available for the conference
commuting back and forth everyday
Up at 4 am, not home until 9 pm....
yuck.

Since they moved it back a week, we were all able to get hotel rooms for the conference!
Sooooo much better.

I have a feeling that even though I will have 3 traveling companions, that the three of us will probably not hang out much. One has a higher than mighty attitude, and I know I would have to adjust it (not good for work, so better to stay away). Another has 7 children at home and I fully expect her to be on the phone with them constantly, and the third will probably spend most of her time fixing her makeup and kissing up to Ms. Higher than Mighty.

My plan is to swim in the pool and enjoy the bar, alone if I have to. I am SOOOO Ok with that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Good choice. I'm not big with mixin' at those company things...not for long periods of time any way.

And you know - I'd soooo join you in that bar. But then again, that might not work out so good for you. ;-)

8:42 AM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

I agree, that sounds like a plan.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Richmond said...

Oh, I hope that you get to have *some* fun...

3:14 PM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

I am with you on this, take a good book....

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home