Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Rumour has it...

Apparently word has finally spread at work about my promotion....nevermind that when I was promoted a month ago a huge "CONGRATULATIONS!" email went out to the entire office. I have been attacked by nearly everyone in the office for assistance today!

So I take two days off to go and enjoy myself at a re-enactment and return with well over 100 emails all saying "we need help!" Ok, fine...I can do this. Within 2 hours I had the emails taken care of and was working on other projects, when I was called into a 1:30 meeting and a 2:00 meeting that went until 3:30. I was only gone for two hours....30 more emails came in during that time!

Don't worry, I'm not complaining, I enjoy it very much...it's just odd that it would come all at once like this! I figure it'll take me at least two days to catch up for the time I was gone. It might not be as bad but my darling hubby was sent to Chicago yesterday and won't be back until tomorrow night, so perhaps that has something to do with my being so frazzled.

Until then, I'll think of it as job security :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, job security! You kick ass by the way! ;)

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home