Thursday, April 13, 2006

Fun with the go cart

I mentioned in this post that I was given a Kia Rio to drive while the van is in the shop getting fixed. I hate to admit this, but it's kind of fun to drive, in that go cart kind of way. I sit so low to the ground that its hard to get in and out of, but I'm adapting. What's really fun is driving it down the road.

People pass me all the time, it's a Kia...of course they pass me. When I press the gas it sounds like the engine is gargling. Contagion does a great impression of the sound it makes! I suppose I should get used to driving this type of vehicle, because my dear husband told me he's going to buy me a Geo Metro and put bubble wrap all around it. I told him I want a car made from Rubbermaid!

Hopefully I'll get the van back tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed because I NEED it back by Monday at the latest.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I want a car made from Rubbermaid!"

A Pontiac Fiero?

8:22 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

My Mom got a car like that as a temporary replacement a few years ago.... Dad called it "The Pimple". :)

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny. I hope you get your van back soon... not sure what I would do without one for more than a day!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

Grau: that is flippin' hysterical!!!

Ktreva, I hope you get the van back. Just think how much you'll appreciate it now! ;-)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Richmond said...

That's how I feel when I drive *any* type of car. Like I am sitting on the ground and am gonna get squished any minute!

And Grau -- Ha! :)

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home