Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm good, I think....

This is a work post. If you aren't interested please pardon and move on. I have to get this off my chest.

There are questions at work that have been "pending" since June of 2005. People kept asking the person who was previously in my position, and she never got back to them. I understand, there is a lot to do in this position. Maybe it just takes someone like me who is anal retentive about finishing projects.

So someone sent me something today to see if I could check on it as she hadn't received an answer on it since June of last year. I took it, forwarded it to the appropriate parties and had an answer within an hour, then gave it back to her. Shock and awe came over her as I presented her with the answer. "I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON THIS FOR MONTHS AND YOU GOT ME AN ANSWER IN AN HOUR!"

Yes...yes I did. And this isn't the first time I've done this. Apparently it's shocking everyone that I FOLLOW UP. Hell, I thought that was part of the job! Anyway, still waiting for complete access, but they're working on it, and I still LOVE the job.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

:-)

Nothing I do in these comments can convey how thrilled I am for you.

:-)

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home