Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Survey Says!

Well...the long awaited results from my surgery are finally in. After playing phone tag with the doctors office for 3 days, the pathology report says I have a (drum roll please)......

Leiomyoma

A what?!?!

Apparently it's a type of tumor, non malignant (which is great!) but the doctor wants to see me again shortly to make sure he got it all, otherwise he'll have to go back in. blech....

On a positive note, if he does have to do a second surgery, I'll get more darvocet!

7 Comments:

Blogger Richmond said...

Whew! You have been in my prayers, honey. That's great news...

::breathes a HUGE sigh of relief and pours another glass of wine::

5:52 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Do you know how weird you are? Those are usually found in the uterus. And they're pretty damn rare to begin with. At least according to the book I was teaching from this year in Path.

Yeah, if you don't get it all it will come back over and over. That's bad.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yipeeee! Hope it is all gone and that life will now return to your regularly scheduled program. ;-)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Leiomyoma"

That sounds like some kind of native Hawaiian dish :-)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

Just make sure you get back in there and keep an eye on it.

But take the darvocet. :-) That's the only real perk to this whole thing.....

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I got behind in my blog reading this week! Anyhow, I'm very glad to hear it's not a malignant thing. Whew! And I hope they got it all! Anyhow, that's wonderful news.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, damn. I'm glad for the good news.

I have those pink pistol grips. I also have a 1911 set you could put on the contagious one's 45, for the facial hair he's growing.

And once again. WHOO HOO! THanks for keeping us posted.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home