Thursday, June 15, 2006

The lump that should not be

So I had my mystery lump removed yesterday, and it was about twice the size the surgeon expected it to be. 1 1/2 inches long, 1/2 thick and deep. He's not sure what it was, but he's pretty certain it wasn't the cyst he fortold.

They sent the thing off to be biopsied and I should know tomorrow what it was.

Now to the funny part of the story. So they take me in to have the lump removed and ask me if I would rather sit up or lie on my stomach. I told them stomach would be the best as I tend to get woozy around needles. So I lie down on my stomach and they proceed to cover me up with about 15 towels and 4 blankets. Now, I don't know how many of you have had a surgery before but the keep it rather chilly in the operating rooms, but I wasn't cold to begin with, so adding all of these covers on just made me start to sweat.

The local injection was by far the worst! They sting like hell and just keep right on burning even after it's supposed to be numb. So there I am, draped in an entire closet full of towels and blankets, burning up when I have a huge wave of nausea. I'm trying to tell the nurses they need to uncover me because I have sweat busting out all over the place but they can't hear me!

I cough and squeek out "HOT!! GONNA GET SICK!!"

Finally they take all the blankets and towels off of my and I swear my body temperature dropped by 25 degrees! Then they ask "were you hot?"

ya think?

All went well, and I headed back to work after the procedure. Aside from being a bit sore, I feel GREAT! oh wait....maybe it's the Darvocet he gave me! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Richmond said...

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you... Hang in there!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home