Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Wow! The Howl on the Prowl!

What an amazing time! Where to begin…well, lets start with the hotel. We arrive at the Fairfield Inn to discover that the hotel that was recommended to us by my Blogsister Machelle HAS A KRISPY KREAM STORE RIGHT NEXT DOOR! Contagion and I both squealed with delight upon this discovery, but decided to save it for the next day. We arrived in the room when the phone rang, it was Oddybobo announcing her arrival. Contagion began giving her crap about driving too fast, but quickly realized the error of his ways when Oddy put him in his place and informed him that we had crossed an imaginary line that made time go forward.

Calling up Machelle, we met in the lobby and headed next door for dinner. No, not to Krispy Kream but to Spageddies, where we imbibed beer, or in Machelle’s case a Seagrams 7 with a splash of 7 (just like Contagion usually makes) and joined up with Laughing Wolf, the man who put this whole thing together. Since the rest of the crew was due to arrive at around 10ish, we used a map drawn on the back of a receipt to find our way to LW’s, and got lost. Called LW to figure out where we were and he didn’t know either. After turning around about 18 times LW decided to flick his front porch light on and TA DA! He was right behind us….at the intersection right outside his house, where we began this whole “lost” thing!

What a nice house he has! LOVE the antiques and it’s great to see his girlfriend unpacked from her crate. We took a tour of the house, and sat around and talked about just about anything and everything when the BloodSpite, Bloodspouse, T1G and Tammi arrived. As they unloaded their gear for the weekend it filled the entire dining room….blankets, pillows, bags, etc. Apparently they thought it was going to be a bit cold, not that I blame them, I brought 3 Whitney blankets and a Capote myself! We talked for a short time, realized it was 1 am and headed back to the hotel to sleep. Did I mention that I got to TAKE A SHOWER!

I will continue this story tomorrow because currently Contagion is explaining to me that I am allowing the Brits to overrun something in his Valentines day gift of Age of Empires III.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heheheh... I can just picture Contagion squealing with delight over the Krispy Kreme!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only turn around that many times when I curl up to go to sleep. With lovely ladies such as you, Machelle, and Oddybobo, sleep was the last thing on my mind. :) Flo was glad to get out a bit, and enjoyed the visit. Look forward to the rest of the the story :) Tell Mr. Hugs not to worry, the British have trouble holding their own, much less anything else... *VBG*

LW

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone had to put Contagion in his place! It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again soon! (and read the rest of your account!)

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home