Saturday, January 06, 2007

The time has come again

I was born with black hair. It spanned around my head, very similar to the Graumaugus look. Thankfully when I was very small it all fell out and eventually came in white blonde.


When I became pregnant with my first son, my hair turned darker...into this nasty almost colorless dishwater blonde. Then, it got worse....I didn't notice how bad it was until one day I was on the bathroom at work. I was washing my hands at the sink and looked up at myself in the mirror. Something was wrong. I stopped what I was doing and stared at myself...it looked like my head was glowing. I WAS GOING GREY!!

Oh no...I wasn't going to stand still for this! I wasn't even 30 yet (at that time). I nearly burst into tears when heading back to my desk to work. I couldn't believe it...I was MUCH too young for this to happen. Then I remembered a commercial I saw years before. I believe it was Oil of Olay who stated "Grow old gracefully? No way! I'm going to fight it every step of the way."

I began my search by asking others I worked with who they went to to get their hair done. You see...I have never had good luck with stylists. I once went a place and requested my hair be trimmed to shoulder length, and ended up with a cut that was about 2 inches long ALL OVER! I was furious.

I have finally found a great stylist, and have been with her for several years. She always does a GREAT job, and for the first time in years I'm happy and pleased with all of my results. Oh...I went off on a tangent there...back to the reason for this post. It is time one again to color my hair.

I have decided to set up a poll and have you all decide what hair color I should go with.























free web pollsWhich hair color should I choose?
Red Hair - Bright Red
Blonde Hair with highlights
Red Hair - Dark Auburn






Counter


Here is an example of the bright red just for clarification!:

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Contagion said...

(crosses fingers)
C'mon bright red!

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where the hell was "Booger Green?" :)

I had to go with auburn... sorry Contagion.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since we share the same brain on way too many things, I'll have to pick bright red... Maranda colored her hair that once.. on accident...

I was the only one who thought it was kick ass :(

1:23 AM  
Blogger Ogre said...

I'd also like to write-in "Booger green," please. :)

7:58 AM  
Blogger Contagion said...

Bright red won! Even if my "friends" decided not to help.

make sure the carpet matches the drapes. ;)

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pffft carpet sucks - just get rid of it altogether and go linoleum :P

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home