Sunday, March 05, 2006

Girl Time

You all may have noticed that my Blogmamma Tammi is having a rough week. I called her on Friday after I saw her "Terminated" post. Oh no... this can't be good. I just needed to make sure she was O.K., and she claimed that she was fine, but I could hear it in her voice. She.wasn't.fine. She told me that she was going to have to cancel our shopping trip for obvious reasons but that I was still welcome to come over and visit.

There was no way I was going to let her sit by herself and stew all day on Saturday. I told her that I would be over and started making plans. I arrived at her house at around 10 am and brought with me a dozen coral colored roses. I remembered her saying that she loved to have fresh cut flowers in the house. We sat and chatted for a bit and then I dropped the bomb on her.

Me: "We are having our girl day. I am kidnapping you, taking you to eat and taking you shopping where I will buy you a new shirt. There will be NO arguements."

Tammi: "well...alrighty then!"

Off we went. I took her to JMK Nippons for japanese cuisine, she ordered a drink smothered in cool whip and we both ate until we couldn't move. Big highlight was the little japanese man shaking his ass in her face, but I don't think it was intentional but we both enjoyed a good laugh!

Next was shopping, so we hit the mall....By the way, I might have forgotten to mention that I hate the mall on Saturday's because everyone is there running everyone else over, but I was on a mission, and NO ONE was going to get in my way. It's amazing how people will move when you stare them down while walking straight towards them. Found her a really great sweater, turquoise in color that makes her waist look so TEENY TINY it made me sick. She looked great! She tried to buy it herself, but I had my credit card out first and told the little girl behind the counter that I was paying for it all and to ignore the crazy lady.

We stopped to get something to drink, but since both of us were yawning our fool heads off we decided it would be best to head back to her place and take a load off. We talked a bit more before I left at around 8 P.M. I gave her big hugs and reminded her that yes, I will always be here even if it's just to talk.

Love you Tammi! You are the reason I am here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Alrighty then? Damn - you got me pegged. LOL

It was a great day. Thank you more than you know.....

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great friend Tammi has in you!

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an awesome friend. Please give hugs to Tammi from me, when next you see her!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home