Monday, January 23, 2006

Fixem up bug

The end of last week, I finally bought a new light fixture for our bedroom. We really needed one. You see, a couple of years ago we had our ceilings in our upstairs bedrooms replaced (just before Clone was born) but we were left with wires and a plastic fixture with bulbs. It was sad, sorry and probably dangerous. I really wanted to install a ceiling fan, but found out that it would require A LOT MORE EFFORT than I (er...my husband) was willing to do. The whole crawling up into the never been before attic to install bracings, and so on and so forth....well, we just kept putting it off.

Back to the point of the story. At Home Depot last week I found a light fixture I LOVED! It's antique brass with frosted glass and it was on sale for $19! SCORE! I bought it right then and there, with only a little coaxing from my better half. He installed it for me on Saturday and it is so nice to have an actual fixture in the bedroom now! However, I now have a what I like to refer to as "the fixem up bug". I have this uncontrollable desire to go and buy more light fixtures, and to buy paint and rip down nasty wallpaper.

I am trying to control myself and do it one project at a time...but this is getting more and more difficult everyday! It doesn't help that I drive past Home Depot on my way home every night. Is it normal to have this need or am I a freak?

Maybe you shouldn't answer that last part ;P

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called shipfitter's disease. You fix one thing, and it makes something else look dreary. Then you fix that thing, and that makes somehting else look old. By the time you're finished you're living underground in Guatemala with a family of circus midgets.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

You KNOW you don't want me to answer that!! LOL I find it completely normal....but please - consider the source!

BTW - glad to hear you got that light up. ;-)

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll get to it right after you finish stripping the doorframe?
*grin*

10:05 PM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

only 40% freakish

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I know that feeling well! Completely normal.

7:57 AM  
Blogger ma content said...

No, it isn't, and I envy you if wallpaper stripping is the worst you have to do.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Sir Christopher said...

Maybe you should find a different way home. At least that is what they tell men who have a problem stopping at adult locations on thier way home. Just a thought.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a vision of you in the near future, posing with a sign that says "I have an unhealthy addiction to Home Depot" :-)

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home