Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Vitamin 'N'

The Great American Smokeout happened on November 16th. Work decided that smoking was no longer allowed on the premises, sooooo.....I quit. Cold Turkey.

The first day wasn't too bad. I had it in my head that I was going to WIN this battle, and I did.

Day two was worse than the first, and I only snapped a few times.

Day three....yeah....that was BAD. The sound of someone breathing would drive me nuts. My husband even told me to go have a cigarette so I would quit being so... intolerable. Not that I blame him, I was a real piece of work!

It's been nearly two weeks now. Some days are better than others, but I've got it (and myself!) under control now. Let's just hope I don't develop some other addictive habit as a substitute!!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Have I told you how very proud I am of you for this? And how jealous that you have that kind of will power? Oh - and how much I flippin' miss ya?

No? well it's all true!

Congratulations!

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

I was "lucky" when I quit, the first few days after the stroke and surgery I was so full of medical crap that I barely knew what was going on. I just stayed on the patches afterwards and so now I am a non smoker, all without killing anyone.
This after forty-five years or so of nonfilter cigarettes. Now, after a year and a quarter I only think about smoking a couple times a day.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Contagion said...

You're doing good. If only you'd stop chomping on the gum in my ear. :)

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news! I know you'll succeed because you are a very focused woman. :-)

10:55 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

you go girl! Keep up the good work!

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heads up - there's going to be a craving crisis during the third week. You'll make it through, but be prepared. Have craving-distractors handy at all times.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember not to break when the dream comes. That still the toughest part for me.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

one of the hardest things i have done...

11:37 PM  
Blogger Richmond said...

Oh good for you! Hang in there...

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post something, or I'll have to put on a cheerleader outfit and encourage you while jumping around with pom-poms.

And NOBODY wants THAT :-)

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home