Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ode to yuckiness

I went to bed last night and felt a bit....off. No other way to explain it, I just didn't feel right. Fell asleep and slept pretty well, then the alarm went off. I tried to grumble as I got up to smack the snooze button, but found that it hurt to talk. Oh great...I have a sore throat. That is ALWAYS my first sign that I am coming down with a cold.

I cannot afford to be off sick from work, there is WAAAAAAY too much to do. I am trying to clean up the mess that was left me from the person who occupied the position before. This is gonna take a while. Anywho, I get up, and do all of the normal morning crap and head off to work. Silly me, I wore a pair of boots that I adore to work today, not thinking about the fact that extended periods of time walking in them causes me pain.

I get home, my throat still hurts, I'm sneezing my head off, and because of my boots my ankles, knees, hips and lower back are KILLING ME! I think that I will go and take a nice HOT bath with some salts to ease the pain away and then hit the sack early. I will get over this quickly through SHEER WILLPOWER if that is what it's going to take!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Feel better soon, darlin'.

We gotta go shopping!!!!!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

feel better!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

feel better soon!

How's the new job otherwise?

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home