Friday, March 10, 2006

Goodbye Hourly, Hello Salary!

The wait has been awful, but boy was it worth it! I got my promotion!! I worked my arse off to get this. They said they want me to start on Monday...Wow.

You never feel too good when your supervisor comes to your desk and says, "We need to see you in Breakroom C" and then walks away.

I had fully expected to be told I didn't get it. I have been turned down for several promotions in the past 4 years, so it was old shoe for me. I took a deep breath, locked my computer and headed to the breakroom.

There she sits with the crazy man from the role-playing portion of my interview. Trying to make myself ready for rejection I sit down. She begins by giving me feedback. Apparently my initial interview impressed the hell out of her, and told me that it was EXCELLENT...I kept waiting for the "BUT", and it didn't come. She said that the Role-playing portion was good, but that there was room for improvement. I was well aware of that. As I mentioned in my previous post I was shocked and therefore had to overcome, and I knew I could have done better, but hindsight is 20/20.

She advised me that I was up against some pretty stiff competition and that she had agonized over this decision for days....*long dramatic pause* "However, (oh great here it comes) I would like to offer you the position."

For a moment I sat there staring at her, blinking...I had myself so convinced that I wasn't going to get this that I AGAIN was shocked. "really??" I squeaked. "yes" she smiled. Finally my brain kicked into gear, "OH MY GAWD! WOW! I MEAN YES! YES I ACCEPT!" and almost cried. I was told that I couldn't tell ANYONE until they had let the other applicants know, and that I needed to stay sitting there until I could wipe the shit eating grin off my face. Ok, maybe it wasn't in those words, but that's what I heard. I had to sit for close to 10 minutes before I could walk out of the room.

Tammi had mentioned shopping at the mall, well, I NEED TO DO THAT NOW TO!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toast: Please raise your umbrella drinks. A toast to Kteva...here, here!!~

So happy for you.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, one too many sweet drinks I guess Meant to type Kt'R'eva...*hick* continue on~

6:34 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

WooHoo!

Congrats, girl!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yipeeee!!!! All right!!! I love good news. Congrats!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

I could NOT be prouder. I'm just so happy for you. We will SOOOOO go shopping.

But you got it. Oh, you got it. I'm so happy for you!!!!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger littlejoe said...

Just like with your manbeast of a husband, I am not surprised. You deserve this! Now go be the best damn (whatever it is you got promoted to) you can be!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Richmond said...

Congratulations!! Whoohoo! :)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Omnibabe said...

See? I toldja so.

(Warmest congratulations!)

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm late to the party... as usual. Anyhow... major Congratulations! I hope they know what a great person they picked for the job. *grin*

3:05 PM  
Blogger Ogre said...

Yay, Yay, and hooray!

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Yippee! Whoo Hoo!!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Sir Christopher said...

Double Party!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home