Monday, March 13, 2006

How did I do this?

After work tonight, I came home and started making dinner early. We had a guy coming out to give us an estimate on some new windows in the house (yay!). I decide that I am going to make one of my favorite meals, Kielbasa Potatoes. Really easy, basically fried potatoes and onions with a cut up kielbasa, red pepper and salt. I have a wonderful instrument that I use from The Pampered Chef, called The Ultimate Slice and Grate. I can julian an entire bag of potatoes in under 5 minutes!

I wash the potatoes, cut out any bad parts and slap them on my handy dandy tool and slice them into bits. Apparently one of the potatoes didn't like it's fate, and it bit me. I.KID.YOU.NOT! There was a small eye on the potato that I went to pick off, and I'll be damned if I don't have a potato eye SPLINTER in the palm of my hand! It's not very big, but it's swollen up and is quite red. I think I'm going to have to have my husband perform surgery on me tonight!

Who knew potatoes could be so violent!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

LOL. At least it's not just me...

Now, get that damned thing outta there and put some peroxide on it. You never know where that potatoes been. ;-)

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! There is a reason my hubby and friends call me Danger Prone Daphne. It's nice to see other people do these silly things as well.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had the same dinner!!! Cept we had sauerkraut too.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home