Thursday, March 23, 2006

Just love it

I have been doing my new job for exactly 4 days now. Yesterday I worked a 12 hour day but it felt like I was there for maybe 6. I absolutely LOVE my new job. It's extremely challenging and there is a lot left to do, but I feel I have made a teeny tiny dent in what has to be done.

Here are some things that I have noticed since my promotion:

  • Some of the people who are were under me before now seem intimidated by me. Before they would ask questions and I would answer, now they smile nervously and walk away.
  • The people who were my peers last week now come to me with questions.
  • Supervisors are actually taking my opinion/input to heart.
  • A couple of people who didn't think I deserved my previous job are now congratulating me on doing so well in my last position, and that I have EARNED this one.
  • One person who went up against me for this position has finally accepted it and is coming to me with issues that she has (this is a biggie for me)

I know that there are going to be parts to this job that I don't care for. It's true of any position, but at least I realize it and can attempt to prepare for it. Tomorrow I get to find out what the training department expects of me because starting April 3rd, I will be assisting in a training class. I have a lot to get done before the class starts because if I don't it'll back up on me. I think I must be anal retentive when it comes to things like that. I like to do them and get them done NOW.

I, like my husband, still do not have access to do all of the things that are required of my position, but working there as long as I have, I've learned to improvise. When we update something, we have to save it to a common drive, and then it has to be published...well I can't publish yet, HOWEVER I have someone in the office who can publish. When I fix something she uploads it. I have also taken the initiative and gotten the ball rolling on a few other things that I will need to do my new job, like fill out the application for my corporate credit card BEFORE they tell me "oh yeah, by the way, we need you in Chicago (or Dallas or Tulsa) next Tuesday" and I have to pay for everything out of my own pocket!

I'm gonna send a big THANK YOU to everyone who gave me kind words and support during my nervous breakdown prior to the big interview. Without you guys, I don't know that I would have had the confidence to come off as well as I did!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

:-)

I'm just sooo glad for you.....

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still want to see pictures of you in that suit.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Richmond said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying your new position and having some fun! :)

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home