Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What was I thinking?

About 2 weeks ago, my eldest son Boopie comes out of his room dressed for school and heads upstairs to brush his teeth. Something didn't look right, but since I was busy trying to get Clone dressed it didn't click right away. When he comes downstairs I look at him and notice his pants are too short.

Me: Those pants are too small!
Boopie: No Mom, they fit just fine (pulls on waistband)
Me: I can see your socks above your shoes.

Seriously, they were about 4 inches too short. Where did these pants come from and why is he wearing them to school?? He looks like he's waiting on a flood! I make him change into another pair of pants. He comes out, and again, the pants are too short, but not quite as bad as the first. I think those will have to do for the day and make a mental note that I will need to go through his clothes and figure out what fits and what doesn't. Sunday night we begin going through his clothes and all be darned if he hasn't outgrown all but 3 pairs of pants! Apparently he grew 3 inches overnight, because the fit just a few weeks ago!

Tonight I announce to my husband that I am taking Boopie clothes shopping and that he is going to keep Clone (no shopping with a 2 year old, thank.you.very.much) and we head off to JC Penney. Once there we head to the young mens department to find him some pants that will fit. I point to the enormous section of pants and tell him "find something you like". He stood there...and looked...and stood there some more. "Are you going to find a pair you want?" I ask. "I'm looking!" How one can look standing next to his mother in the isle I have no idea, not to mention I was right by a large pole that blocked the view of most of the section. After using the cattle prod to make him find some pants and then hauling him off to the dressing room to make sure they fit, we make our purchases.

Maybe next time I'll just let him wear the dorky short pants.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! My almost-three year old has also grown overnight! What are they thinking? Don't they know we need some warning to protect them from dorkiness?

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is too funny. I was just mentioning to my husband that Tater has grown again. We are down to two pair of jeans and it looks like it is time to get more underwear. Sigh. At least he doesn't have a preference yet. Phew.

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for getting it set up for RSS. You made my life so much easier.

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boopie is a man after my own heart. I did just about the same thing the last time I got dragged into an Old Navy :-)

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home