Monday, February 25, 2008

Yep, that's it for me...

I was always under the impression that if you did a good job, met every goal that was set for you (regardless of how impossible it seems) and maintained a positive attitude that you would be adequately compensated.

It's always been that way...it's why I work so hard (60 to 80 hours a week) and put up with a lot of shit.

How stupid was I to think that my outstanding performance over the last year was worth anything...apparently no one else thought so.

When I indicated that I felt as though I was getting slapped in the face and that I felt I deserved CONSIDERABLY more than was given, I was told that it wasn't because of my performance, but that there was nothing more they could do.

Translation:
"Just suck it up and be glad you have a job. Just remember that we will continue to use you and abuse you and we don't want to hear any bitching."

It's been more than a week and my mood has NOT improved. Imagine that.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger TNT said...

I'm SOOO sorry, I'm afraid there are a lot of places out there like that now. You deserve a LOT more. Hang in there!

10:03 PM  
Blogger pamibe said...

Well, that blows. I'm so sorry.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red says:
Sounds like you are working to many hours. All work & no play make Nessa grouchy mood. You need a reenactment weekend or at least a party weekend!

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it doesn't improve the situation, but I often find that rubbing a liberal coating of asscrack sweat around the rim of the ofending person's coffee cup improves the attitude immensely.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red says:
og has a good idea. Maybe you could offer to bring back a drink for offending person's & spit in it before you give it to them!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

I so hate to hear this. I'm so sorry.....and you KNOW I'm know where you're comin' from....

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That super sucks!

Hm.
What say you put in your 40 hours and if anyone wonders why you're going home "early" you can tell them there's simply nothing more you can do.


(I know, you can't really do that. But it's a nice fantasy.)

10:09 PM  
Blogger KTreva said...

Roses - It's not a fantasy, it's a reality because that is EXACTLY what I'm doing!

If I get fired, oh well!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home