Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm beginning to wonder

As some of you know, our eldest boy Boopie is 14 years old and started high school this year. The entire summer I have been talking with him about the expectations for this upcoming school year. Apparently, he thought I was kidding.

The other morning as I was finishing getting ready for work, Boopie went upstairs to take a shower. He goes into the bathroom, shuts the door and turns on the water. Ok, nothing different there. I continue getting ready, when I hear the bathroom door click shut....Odd...considering it was shut earlier when he went in.

I check the bathroom door, which is shut tight, and I can hear the shower running on the other side. I thought it must have been the wind since the bathroom window was open. I take Clone downstairs and a few minutes later (while I am in the process of putting on his shoes before we leave) I hear the bathroom door open...but I can STILL hear the shower running.

WTF?

Just to give you a visual, we have a two story home and our bathroom is directly at the top of our stairs, so I can see the bathroom and upper hallway quite clearly. Sure enough, the bathroom door is open and there is Boopie....standing in the hallway outside of the bathroom with all of this clothes on.

The shower is still running.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled up the stairs.

There was a long pause....he was obviously startled to find me at the bottom of the stairs questioning him. I see him quickly take off his shorts before moving into a direct line of sight with me. Apparently he believes that if HE can't see ME then I can't see HIM!

"I..." he began, "I forgot to take off my clothes so that I could get into the shower, so I came out into the hall to do it."

I honestly think that the look on my face must have spoken volumes....for my brain actually stopped and went "WHA????"

After blinking and shaking my head several times to clear the "WTF" moment from my brain, I proceeded to say....or maybe it was more of a growl... "then why is the shower still RUNNING?"

"Wuh....uh...I forgot to..."

"RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT, you FORGOT that taking a shower requires you to be NAKED!"

Seriously, I just wanted to throttle him! I mean, I knew the boy couldn't lie to save his life, but WOW...that is one damn impressive HORRIBLE lie! I mean, in the past he's told some real doozies...but NOTHING quite like this!!

Needless to say, it's not the first lie I've caught him in, and I'm sure it won't be the last. For the record, he does see a counselor who has helped him quite a bit with other things, however I'm putting this crap off to his biological father. There's A LOT more I could say about that, but I won't.

He had better figure things out soon, or he's gonna REALLY be hating life 'cause Momma don't play that.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.....i really have no words....

I hope things start to work out with Boopie...

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh... you know this means war. Now you stand outside the door and make him hand you the clothes after he takes them off... tell him you'll just wait to hear he has gotten in the shower. Or next it will be Contagion accompanying him into the bathroom to make sure he gets INTO the shower. *grin* (yeah I'm an evil mom)

Oh yeah, you could always tell him that none of the girls he knows wants to smell him before he enters a room.

Kids are such fun aren't they.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

tell him girls loathe axe covering body odor....

girls loves a freshly showered guy...

maybe that will help

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home