Sunday, July 20, 2008

This is going to hurt

As many of you know, my husband is being sent to Oklahoma for work. We decided to go see a movie last night since it was our last night together.

While sitting in our seats waiting for the movie to start, I noticed my cell phone was going off. I picked it up to see who was calling and noticed it was my Mom.

I froze...

My Mom never calls my cell phone....NEVER, so I knew it couldn't be good.

I didn't answer. Maybe I was being selfish but I knew that answering that call would simply ruin my last night with my husband, and I didn't want to let that happen. I noticed she didn't leave a voice mail, and started to hope that perhaps everything was fine. I did my best to put the missed call out of my mind and enjoy the movie (we saw Dark Knight).

The movie was fantastic and we talked the whole way home about what parts we liked best. I had almost forgotten about my Mom calling....then I saw a message on the answering machine. It was my Mom and she needed me to call.

My Grandfather was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia & congestive heart failure and placed in ICU. They don't expect him to survive long, and he has already established a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate). I hope they are wrong....they have been before...

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger TNT said...

Hang in there. Its never a good time, but this truly sucks.

Harv and I send hugs and prayers.

6:01 PM  
Blogger pamibe said...

I'm so sorry... prayers are on their way!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red says:
Wil & I are here for you and your family. Just call if you need anything.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

Oh honey...I'm so sorry. While never good, the timing sucks wet socks..

You're in my thoughts. And I'll make sure you have my cell # if you need to talk....

8:56 PM  
Blogger Musings from the Smartest Man in the World said...

That sucks. Sorry to hear it. I hope they're wrong too!

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you, what a bad time for this to happen!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Vanessa, I hope that you know that my thoughts are with you and your family. Please remember that I'm just 3 desks back if you need to talk. I know that I'm not the warm fuzzy one, but you can expect compassion and honesty always.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

My prayers are with you, Ktreva. If y'all need anything at all, ya know where we are: just ask. :)

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of everything to Grandfather.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home