Saturday, January 14, 2006

Traditional sucky first post

After much arm-twisting, threats and other such nonsense, I decided I would start my own blog. Being not as creative as some other bloggers I know, I’ll have to really work at it but I assume Harvey is right and I will soon find my blog voice!

Onto About Me: You can see a picture of me here, only now I have RED hair (commence drooling now). Corsets are magnificent things, as long as you don’t need to take deep breaths. (Cease drooling now). I am the wife of Contagion of Miasmatic Review and the Mother of two wonderful boys, Boopie, my eldest at 12 and Clone who is nearly 3.

My husband and I are Historical Re-enactors who participate in several events a year, for a full schedule please see our website at www.spoonandblade.com, there is an event schedule that is due to be updated for the 2006 season as well as some other interesting links like Nessa’s Dutch Oven and of course everyone’s favorite The Mortar Maidens.

I grew up in Kansas (a cracker if you will) and moved to Illinois approximately 11 years ago. It was a difficult transition because it gets REALLY COLD up here but I’ve acclimated well, or rather, better than I expected. I met my husband in 1997 and we were married in 1999, 6 ½ years, like 6 ½ minutes, in a burning stairwell! Ahhh but you see, he’s a cheese head and I’m a cracker, and they go together so well!!

My Blog Momma is Tammi of Tammi’s World, the most accepting, loving and understanding woman on the face of the earth and I am proud that she is my Mom! Couldn’t have done this without her belief in me! Oh, and lets not forget my wonderful and selfless husband how helped me out with the HTML… no, I don’t know it very well, but when I screw it up, he’s ready and willing to correct it for me!

Welp, here I go Blogosphere! Watch out! I might hurt something…

21 Comments:

Blogger Contagion said...

There is a price for that assistance, as you are currently learning.

5:34 PM  
Blogger KTreva said...

But it's not a sucky post. You said too many lovely things about ME so that makes it a most UNsucky post. ;-)

I cannot tell you how happy I am you are doing this. I love your humor and the way you view things so this should be just plain wonderful!!!

Welcome to the family sweetie!!! I'm most proud to be your blogmama.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

OK that was me. I didn't realize you were signed in here. Man is my face red!!!!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Ogre said...

mmMMmmm...cheese and crackers...

8:29 AM  
Blogger The Bobo Knitter said...

Yay!! Another bad example has been born. Welcome to the family.

9:21 AM  
Blogger ma content said...

Since I sprang full grown from the head of Zeus, I can't welsome you to any family. But I'm looking forward to hearing ...the rest of the story!!!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I can post without having a blogger account!

The new blog is looking great so far - I can't wait to read the first public tirade ;)

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yipeee! Nice to see you blogging.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kteva...make my poor excuse of a blog bruncle tell you about haloscan!! :-)

Welcome to the family! And welcome to the "Publicly Tease Contagion" Club

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome, Ktreva. Welcome.

I can't believe you let those two sucker you into this...

11:16 AM  
Blogger Richmond said...

Nice digs! :)

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do realize you will never again have a life... you will have a blog... big difference. *grin* Welcome to the family...

2:03 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Hooray! You will need a second computer. I speak from experience :)

2:08 PM  
Blogger TNT said...

Welcome! Guess you just didn't have enough to do with all your free time, huh? :)

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. More rat-lings....

Welcome to the 'hood / family.
That stink isn't rotting cheese - it's Johnny-O.

p.s. I swear at my site - don't visit if the kids are around....

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linked, announced, rolled & family-treed.

Now you hush for a while. Grandpa's gonna go take a nap in the recliner...

*zzzzzzz*

4:01 PM  
Blogger Consul-At-Arms said...

Welcome!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, I'm saying hello and welcome and all that jazz. I am wondering though about why you would adopt a hedgehog.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo hoooo! Welcome to the fold!

10:13 PM  
Blogger littlejoe said...

Ummm...yay, a couple weeks late.

10:42 PM  
Blogger TalulaZephyr said...

Welcome Sis... I'm so happy to read you!! It looks great!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home