I forgot we had a kitchen table...
Most nights for dinner, we sit in the living room (or in front of the computer) to eat dinner and watch TV. Usually there is no talking, just watching and chewing.
This is normal for us...it's what we have done for.... well, for a very long time. Tonight however, is going to be different. I have decided for the first time in months we are going to sit at the kitchen table to eat dinner (after I clean off the papers and other miscellanous items that seem to appear).
Roasted chicken with stuffing, corn on the cob, garlic mushrooms and pears. I'll let you know how it goes.
Dinner went well. I learned a few things.
- Contagion can eat corn on the cob like a cartoon character...I swear I heard the sound of typing and then a DING! when he finished eating a row!
- Apparently Clone claims me as his mother only because I eat butter...at least that's what I think he said
- Corn will stick to the forehead of a 3 year old for 30 minutes without moving
- Boopie actually knows how to set the table! (not sure where he learned that)
- There was an intense discussion about how margarine is more like plastic than butter